Start Your Day the California Almond Way ... Bring Back the Jingle!
I enjoy making homemade granola to control the sugar that I consume.
Many packaged cereals are loaded with sugar, and, as a granola fan, I
need to make sure to limit my sugar intake since I have a tendency to
eat lots of granola as cereal or a snack!
My recipe for granola is simple ... Gluten Free Oats + Flavoring + Oil + Honey + Mix-Ins
I love the versatility and simplicity of the granola formula. The flavors and quantity can be customized each time you prepare a batch!
California Almonds provide numerous health and nutrition benefits. The easy formula to remember is 1-2-3 ... one serving of almonds is 23
nuts. They add a crunch to a recipe, have a low glycemic index, have prebiotic potential and fiber, and contain "good" fats and contain to curb cravings.
2 Cups Gluten Free Oats
46 almonds diced into slivers (I cut each into three or four slivers)
3 TBSP Almond flavoring
1/3 cup oil - I used avocado oil for this recipe
1/3 cup honey - I like to use local raw honey
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine ingredients in a mixer
- Line a cookie sheet with foil (I use non-stick)
- Spread the granola on the foil and back until done ... about 15-20 minutes until the edges start to look a bit brown. (You can bake for more/less time based on your taste preferences.)
- Let the granola cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Break up clusters created by the honey if you wish.
- Once cooled, store in an airtight container.