- 2 cups pitted dates (I get mine from Futterman Farms)
- 1 cup nuts of choice (I used peanut this time)
- 1 cup oats (I use gluten free)
- 1 serving SunWarrior Classic Plus Chocolate Flavor Plant Based Protein
- 1/4 cup pepitas/hemp seeds to garnish top - optional
- Substitute 1 TSP vanilla flavoring or vanilla protein powder for the chocolate protein powder
- Substitute I TSP coconut flavoring for the chocolate protein powder and ADD 1/4 cup dried cranberries and 1/4 cup coconut
- Combine 1/2 of the ingredients at a time in a Vitamix and blend until a paste is formed.
- Add the "dough" to a glass pan and flatten with the flat end of a spatula
- Sprinkle the seeds to the top and push into the bar with the flat end of a spatula
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
- Cut into bars the size of your choice
NOTE: From time to time, the mixture can be extra moist depending on the moisture of the dates you are using. When the mixture is extra moist, the bar "dough" could bunch up and stop the mixture. If this happens, use a spatula and remove the mixture from the Vitamix. After a few minutes, add 1/2 back at a time and pulse until a thick smooth paste. Add a bit more oatmeal if necessary. Each batch of dates is different!