It's Back-To-School time!
This means setting alarms, packing lunches, and homework.
Food Allergies and School Lunches/Parties
Parents with food allergies are familiar with what they can provide for their children. SunButter is a GREAT product for school lunches, school parties, sports team celebrations, and after school snacks. SunButter is FREE FROM the Top 8 Allergens so EVERYONE can enjoy!
SunButter can be substituted in any recipe that calls for NUT BUTTERS. I love the taste of SunButter and use it in recipes all the time. My favorite SunButter products are the single serving packs for a grab-and-go snack or for travel, as well as the Organic Jar, and No Sugar Added Jar.
I modified a tried-and-true 6 Ingredient NUT Butter Cookie Recipe using SunButter Organic Sunflower Butter.
1 cup SunButter
1/2 cup SUGAR (increase flax seed or protein powder and cut down/omit if you wish)
1 FLAX EGG (you can use a traditional egg if you wish)
1/2 cup FLAX SEED
1 TBSP VANILLA (optional)
1 cup sunflower seeds (I diced 1/2 of them)
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Combine ingredients in a stand up mixer
3. Use your hand to roll cookies into balls of approximately equal size
4. Place balls on un-greased (or parchment lined) cookie sheet about 2 fingers distance apart. NOTE: Smaller/flatter cookies will turn out crispy.
5. Take a fork and lightly press it into top of ball both horizontally and vertically
6. Cook 10-15 minutes depending on size of cookies
7. When done, let cool for a few minutes so they hold their shape!