I love the taste of warm peanut butter ... fresh warm peanut butter is even tastier!
I keep a jar of homemade nut butter in my refrigerator at all times. I love making NUT butters in my VitaMix as all I need to make a batch is 3 cups of nuts and about 5 minutes. When nuts are on sale, I stock up which cuts the cost of each portion.
Today I made a double batch of peanut butter. The first batch was traditional creamy peanut butter and the second batch was CINNAMON peanut butter.
- Place 3 cups of nuts (added 1 TBSP cinnamon to batch 2) in VitaMix and turn on low
- Begin to use the wand to push down the nuts
- Turn up the speed to high and use the wand to continue to push the mixture down to combine (The nut butter will be almost smooth after about 2 minutes)
- When the nut butter is almost done, turn the VitaMix to high and use the wand to combine for another 30 seconds. This will create the extra smooth and creamy texture. Omit this step if you wish a "grainy" or crunchy texture.
- To wash the VitaMix, add water half way up and run the machine for a minute. Drain. Rinse.
NOTE: You can use raw, roasted, salted, or unsalted nuts for this recipe.
NOTE: I make nut butters frequently. Experiment with the flavors ... perhaps you will start to add 1 cup of three different nuts!