Blueberry Crumble Muffins
Muffins with morning sun coming in through the blinds.
What a sight to wake up to on a weekend morning!
The blank canvas I started with today was Mom's Place Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins w/ Crumble Topping. I love customizing a packaged product to create something unique. The muffins themselves without the changes taste great, just like homemade. The muffins with the modifications add a kick of flavor.
I modified the package directions and added the following to the mix:
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 flax eggs
- 1 cup plain Greek Yogurt *See NOTE
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup diced fresh ginger
NOTE: to make vegan ... soak 1 cup of cashews in water overnight and blend
The taste and texture calls you back for more!
I followed the package directions for the following:
- I added 2 melted tbsp unsalted butter to the crumble mixture NOTE: add coconut butter to make vegan. Next time I will add 1/2 the crumble as it is a sweeter topping than I normally use. I will also add 1/4 cup of oats. I will save the other 1/2 for another batch at a later time.
- I used large muffin tins and filled them 1/2 full of the muffin batter and topped them with the crumble mixture.
- I sprayed the muffin tin rather than use a liner as the packaged suggested. Next time, I will use a liner for ease in clean up and storage.