Sesame Milk is A Nutritious, Dairy Free, Plant-Based Product
- It is organic
- It is rich in calcium (double that of cow's milk)
- It is rich in iron and zinc
- It is high in protein
- It provides the body with fiber
- It is low in carbs
- It provides healthy, unsaturated fats
HOPE & Sesame TRANSFORMS Recipes
I have enjoyed making Chia Pudding for many years. SESAME MILK has made me fall in love with the recipe again! I like the thicker texture it provides. It is a satisfying meal (or dessert if you choose to make it decadent) that will bring a smile to your face when you eat it. This recipe is one I love. It has MANY VARIATIONS based on the flavor profile (and decadence) you wish.
HOPE & Sesame Chia Pudding
BASE RECIPE FORMULA
1 or 2 mashed bananas (based on size) + 1 1/2 cup Sesame Milk + 1/4 cup chia seeds (I use organic)
Thoroughly combine the base ingredients so the chia seeds are covered in liquid. Place in an airtight container in the refrigerator until set (1 hour or so). I usually make my chia pudding at night and let it rest while I sleep.
NOTE: I used 1 cup of HOPE & Sesame Vanilla and 1/2 cup HOPE & Sesame Unsweetened Original in the first picture and 1 1/2 cups HOPE & Sesame Chocolate in the second pictures. The vanilla and chocolate are sweet and lend more to a decadent dish. If you prefer, you can cut the sweetness with some unsweetened as I did.
- a few banana slices/fresh fruit
- nuts/seeds/dried fruit mixture
- mini chocolate chips (gluten free in my house) or chocolate shavings
- nuts/seeds.dried fruit
- a drizzle of jam/jelly
- cookie crumbles (or cookies on the side)
HOPE & Sesame Rice Pudding
1 1/2 cups cooked rice (under cook the rice to create a "sticky rice" texture)
2 cups HOPE & Sesame Milk (I used 1 1/2 Vanilla and 1/2 Unsweetened)
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla (if you do not use a vanilla based milk)
1 egg or 1 flax egg
1 pinch of salt
- Combine 1 1/2 cups of milk (I used HOPE & Sesame Vanilla), pinch of salt, sugar, and rice in a pot on the stove top. Turn the heat on medium and stir until fully mixed.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg and 1/2 cup HOPE & Sesame Unsweetened. Add 1 cup of the rice mixture from the bowl and combine to create a thickening agent. Once combined, add to the pot on the stove top.
- Cook to desired consistency.
HOPE & Sesame Rice Pudding is BEST when it is fresh off the stove. The warm pudding is sweet, creamy, and melts in your mouth!
You can top with your favorite gluten free toppings like maraschino cherries, dates, dried fruit, nuts, seeds, chocolate, and jam/jelly.
If you can resist finishing the batch, store in an airtight container and enjoy the leftovers. If you microwave them for about 30 seconds you can get back some of the creamy, luscious consistency.
ENTERTAINING TIP: I served the rice pudding at a dinner party and set up a topping bar and let people serve themselves.