Today my blank canvas was a gluten free pizza crust by Udi's.
After visiting the local farmer's market and purchasing some great vegetables, I decided to make a gluten free pizza and a side salad for dinner. I made a gluten free, vegetarian meal using ingredients sourced at the market and a few from the store. The Udi's crust contains eggs, otherwise the meal would be vegan. Substitute a different gluten free crust for a gluten free, vegan meal. The salad contains greens from my yard as well as raw nuts, raw seeds, and dried fruit.
1 cup diced oyster or king oyster/trumpet mushrooms
6 cloves of garlic - diced
1 1/2 cup diced onions and vegetables (I used zucchini and sweet potatoes)
Oil to sautee the vegetables (I use oilve or avocado)
1 cup cheese (dairy or non-dairy)
OPTIONAL: crushed red pepper
OPTIONAL: 1/2 cup mashed white beans or hummus
- Preheat oven to temperature recommended for the crust
- Sautee the vegetables until tender (cover with a top to add moisture if desired)
- Crush the beans if you are using and add a thin layer to the crust (or add hummus)
- If you are not lining the crust, add the vegetable mixture (removing any excess liquid)
- Optional .... sprinkle with crushed red pepper for extra spice
- Cook in oven until cheese melts and crust slightly browns (check crust instructions as this step is between 10-15 minutes based on crust and depth of toppings. I tend to pile my pizza high with veggies so it takes a bit longer to cook than the package suggestion.
HINT: While the pizza is in the oven I make a salad to enjoy with the pizza if I wish some additional food.
1/2 pizza per person