One of my favorite modifications was adding a ROASTED BANANA to the top of my banana bread.
This created a MOIST bread that was great for breakfast ... or dessert. I paired the bread with nut butter and fruit for breakfast ... and a chocolate nut spread (homemade or store bought products by Nutella or Don't Go Nuts).
I started with my popular Valentine Banana Bread Recipe and made modifications.
MY MODIFIED RECIPE
2 cups Pamela's Baking and Pancake Mix
1/2 cup gluten free oats
2 FLAX EGGS
1 TBSP vanilla
1 1/2 cups ripe bananas (normally 2 medium)
1/2 cup dried fruits or nuts (optional)
1/4 cup coconut butter
1 banana for the top
- Prepare the flax eggs
- Add the vanilla, coconut butter, and ripe bananas
- After the wet ingredients are combined, add the dry
- Add the nuts/dried fruit/seeds if you wish
- Coat a loaf pan and add the banana on top in a decorative fashion
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes (check after 30 then every 5 minutes thereafter)
- Let cool enough to cut so the bread does not crumble.
Cover and store ... for up to a week if it will last that long!