A bank canvas
I enjoy adding different flavor profiles to the jar to make the meal a bit different. Protein powder can be added to make the dish more satisfying. Collagen powder can be added for hair, skin, nails, and muscle recovery.
When you serve your overnight oats you can add nuts, seeds, or dried fruits for added texture to make a more satisfying meal. If you find your fruit was not sweet enough for your taste, you could add just a bit of honey or agave at serving.
Simple to make
All you need is a jar, oatmeal, chia seeds, fruit, and milk (of choice). The other items are extras and flavor to the meal.
Instructions (I use a 16 oz. glass jar that was a nut/seed butter jar ... reuse/recycle)
- Add 1 TBSP chia seeds (I use organic)
- Add 1/4 cup oats (I use gluten free)
- Add a scoop of protein powder (optional)
- Add 1/4 cup milk of choice and stir
- Add 1/2 cup fruit (diced in SMALL pieces)
- Add an additional 1/4 cup oats
- Add more milk until jar is almost full
- Cover and stir
- Refrigerate overnight
- Stir, add toppings or additional milk, and enjoy
Spring Overnight Oats uses fruits that produce a pastel, spring look. A combination of red and yellow fruit produces a beautiful look. We eat with our eyes first. Delight the eyes, and the stomach will be overjoyed!