You can use canned black beans or hydrate dry beans for this recipe.
To save time, I prepared a batch of TEFF and BLACK BEANS and am using them in various recipes through the week.
The meatballs can be prepared and ready to eat in 30 minutes or less.
- 1 cup of cooked teff
- 2 cups of black beans (you can use a combination of black, pinto, and kidney)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup onions/shallots
- 1 1/2 TBSP Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 TBSP crushed red pepper
- Olive oil ... just enough to cook the meatballs
- 1/2 cup Sonar! Tortilla Chips (crumbled) NOTE: I used Sea Salt
NOTE: you can saute the onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent OR use them raw. Try it both ways and see what you prefer.
- Combine ingredients into your blender or VitaMix and pulse until combined.I like to leave my meatballs with a few chunky pieces of bean.
- Shape into meatballs the size you prefer
- Cook in a pan with just enough olive oil so they do not stick or bake in the oven or use an air fryer.