I read several curry recipes and combined portions of each into this recipe. Each time I make it, I probably will interchange a few veggies.
This recipe can be done in 20-30 minutes. A tip for speed... start boiling water for your rice as you start cutting the vegetables.
Olive Oil ... just enough to saute the aromatics
1/2 white onion (diced)
4 cloves of garlic (crushed and diced)
1 inch of fresh ginger root (diced)
1 TBSP garam masala (or make you own mix 1 part cumin + 1/4 part allspice)
2 cups kidney beans
1 can coconut milk
crushed red pepper at serving if you wish to add heat
- Add 2 cups of vegetables...I added red pepper and broccoli for color.
- Use chickpeas or tofu instead of kidney beans
- Sautee onion, garlic, and ginger in olive oil
- Add vegetables after a few minutes
- Once onions are translucent, add the spices and stir
- Add the kidney beans and coconut milk
- Let boil
- Stir, reduce heat, and cover
- Let flavors combine and liquid reduce a bit.
Serve over a bed of rice
Add in as much or as little sauce as you like in each bowl ... make it your own!