I have been searching for recipes that are nutritious and can be enjoyed for a few days. I enjoy curries and wanted to make one that would taste as good on day three as it did when it was warm from teh stove on day one! I found one and am sharing it with you today.
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, smashed and diced
- 2 cups of diced carrots (smaller the better). I like using rainbow carrots for color.
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger diced
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 1/2 cups dry red lentils
- 1 can tomatoes ( I use fire roasted)
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk (I use reduced fat)
- 6 cups of vegetable broth (I use low sodium)
- olive oil, coconut oil, or avocado oil ... just enough to saute vegetables
Instructions (use a soup pot)
- Saute onion, garlic, ginger, carrot, cumin, and curry paste in oil until onion are translucent
- Add the red lentils and stir to coat
- Add coconut milk, tomatoes, and broth and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and cover.
- Stir occasionally.
- After about 30 minutes the curry will be thick and ready to serve.
- Serve over rice, millet, quinoa, or sorghum
- Serve with a wedge of gluten free pita bread
Store leftovers (if any) in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator