I love flavorful dishes that can be made in a jiffy!
This one uses many
ingredients that we normally have on hand.
Serve it with rice, millet,
sorghum, or a flatbread (gluten free in my home).
- 2-4 potatoes (diced)... I used 4 organic potatoes that were between the size of a golf ball and a tennis ball
- 1 cup frozen peas
- just enough olive oil so nothing sticks to the pan
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 tseapoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 can of tomatoes (I used a can of tomatoes w/ green chilies)
- 1 inch of ginger
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup onion (diced)
- 1/2 to 1 cup water (if you wish to thin out...can be omitted)
- Add potatoes and oil to a pan. Saute potatoes for about 5 minutes then transfer potatoes to a bowl
- Add onion, garlic, and ginger and cook until translucent
- Add spices, stir, and heat for about 1-2 minutes
- Add tomatoes and stir to combine
- Return potatoes to the pan and add peas
- Let cook for a few minutes to warm the peas and soften the potatoes.
- Add water in 1/4 cup increments if you wish to add moisture