I enjoying making new recipes. This one is inspired by several different recipes recipes I found online. My search began with an interest in finding additional ways to enjoy BUTTER BEANS. I love how butter beans melt in your mouth. They are a comfort food for me. I wanted to find a way to add texture and flavor to the beans to create a dish.
I started with dry beans and re-hydrated them. You can start with canned beans and drain and rinse them.
- 6 Garlic Cloves - smashed and diced
- 1/2 cup onion - diced
- 3 cups of Kale/Spinach/Chard - diced
- Sun dried tomatoes (2 whole then diced or 3 TBSP of diced)
- 1 can of tomatoes (I used fire roasted with garlic)
- 2 cups of butter beans
- 1 TBSP Italian seasoning
- 1/2 TBSP crushed red pepper
- Olive oil (just enough so nothing sticks to the pan)
Serve: add parmesan cheese and/or cooked pasta
- Add the olive oil, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, and onion to the pan. Cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the spices and the tomatoes. Stir to combine.
- Add the greens and cook until wilted. Reduce heat.
- Add the beans so they absorb the flavor.
- Cover for about 10 minutes. Stir gently and turn off.
- If you want a "runnier" dish, you can add an additional can of tomatoes.