Soup is a comfort food. I enjoy experimenting with soup recipes and finding ways to incorporate soup into the weekly meal routine. This black bean soup is quick to make and will disappear just as quickly. I suggest making a double batch!
- 1 1/2 TSP cumin
- 1/2 TSP oregano
- 1/2 TSP paprika
- 1/2 TSP ground pepper
- 1 can tomatoes (I suggest fire roasted or a can with garlic included)
- 3 cups of low sodium vegetable broth
- 4 cups black beans
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 6 garlic cloves (diced)
- Olive Oil ... just enough to sautee aromatics
- Add the onion, garlic, and spices into a pot with olive oil. Satuee until translucent.
- Add tomatoes, beans, and broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Add an additional cup of broth if the beans soaked up all 3 cups or you prefer a more liquid consistency.